Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Make a Wooden Charm

Hello all and Happy Wednesday. Over at Catch the Bug, the super talented DT comes up with a tutorial to share weekly...and it's my turn! Click HERE to check out past tutorials.

Well, I'm always looking for things to make especially for Bean. She's at the age where she appreciates mommy-made goodies and shows them off with pride. So today I'm sharing how to make a necklace charm using the following items:
Glue, Glossy Accents, wood shapes, images, Cropadile. I'm using a little Easter image from Bugaboo and Beanie's initials to go on the back.
I colored my image - it doesn't have to be perfect because the glaze makes it beautiful anyway ;) Then I cut the image and initials to the size of the wood piece used. I used Tacky Glue to adhere my bunny on one side and initials on the other. I used an emery board to sand the edges. So here is the "sandwich" of initials-wood-bunny.
I used my Cropadile to punch through all the layers.
I put enough Glossy Accents to cover the image, avoiding the hole. It stays in place nicely and doesn't run all over the place. It will be cloudy. Allow enough time for it to dry fully. Turn over and do the same on the back.
Add a jump ring and a chain, ribbon, string, zipper pull...you get the idea, and you have a sturdy little charm!

I don't have a pic of this being used in action because it's going to go in Bean's basket! Thanks so much for joining me today and have a lovely week!

9 comments:

Rae Anne said...

Now that's clever! I had no idea that this was a wooden nickel! Very cool! :D MWHAH!

Jodie Mackrell said...

very cool project Lola! love it as I know Bean will too C:

Catherine said...

Thank you so much Lola ! This is such a great tutorial ! Thank you for a fantastic idea !

Pat said...

Wow...Lola! This is a great idea and with 2 granddaughters, I need to get busy making some of these. You are awesome!!

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Maureen Reiss said...

This is awesome!! My mind is already realing w/ all the charms my 3 year old will be asking for!! lol
TFS

Tammy said...

This is adorable Lola! I bet Bean loves it!

Tina M said...

what a totally awesome little project! wow, these can make some really cute purse/bookbag pulls and more :)
thank you so much for sharing and I think Beanie will love it :)

A.R.T. said...

Adorable !
Anne.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin