Monday, April 16, 2012

Love and Mom

Hello all and Happy Tuesday. Today I have two cards to share:

The first is "Mouse Love" that uses the incredibly cute Valentine's Basket Mouse and lots of distressing:
This week, Bugaboo is sponsoring the challenge at Digital Tuesday: DISTRESSED. I also used Cricut Cart Mickey Font (at 1" in both regular and shadow) and distressed the letters.

This also meets the following challenges:
**___**___**___**___**___**___**
My next card features a new release at Bugaboo Stamps. I printed this out on Kraft from PTI and then again in yellow and paper pieced. The top portion is colored with Prisma Pencils which show up really well on kraft.
And guess what? I crocheted the purple flower myself! While I was home with Sprout, my Ma came over everyday and she brought me a hook and yarn and taught me the basics. Yet another reason I'm grateful for my Ma! BTW - there is a lot more inspiration using this new release at Catch the Bug.

This meets the following challenges:

10 comments:

Suzie's Card Den said...

what brilliant cards, I love them,
Hugs
Suzie xx

Rose said...

Gorgeous cards, I saw them on Make It Monday :-)

Rose x

Kathleen said...

Fab cards, gorgeous images. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs
Kat xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

Wowzer...that bouquet is so DARLING! goes right along with the rest of the card!

THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

Shannon White said...

Aww, these are both so CUTE!! 8-) Love your Sweet Wonderfully colored Mouse image! Too Adorable! Great dp's' too And your Mom's Day card is so Pretty, Love the Darling crochet flower.

Hugs
Shannon

Catherine said...

Your cards are simply delightful Lola ! I love the soft colours on the first one and the little crochet flower on the second one is just the perfect finishing touch ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Rene said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Jodie Mackrell said...

Great cards Lola! love them both!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a wonderful ma you have, I love this card.. Did you have a pattern for this adorable little flower.. I would love to make some, but i am the kind of person who has to have directions... Would love to have the directions.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I swear I thought I left a comment on the MOM card but now I was dreaming I guess. I use to crochet and forgot how but never did a flower. I'm left-handed and want to do flowers like you for my cards. (Hard to find instructions for left-hand people...lol So now you are going to school, taking card of family, new baby AND crocheting...wow I also love the darling mouse in cup...I must have missed that image along the way. I must find and earn and do a card with him.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin