Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cupcake Toppers

Hello all.  Today I'm sharing the cupcake toppers I made for Bean's birthday party cupcakes.  These are super easy to make and can make plain ol' cupcakes look extra special.

1) Start with a printout of 1.5" images.  I made these in word using a rainbow I found online and added the number 5 on top.
2) Using a 1.5" circle punch, punch out the images.  Using a corresponding scallop punch, punch the same number of scalloped circles as round circles.  So here, I have punched out 24 round and 24 scallop.
3) Glue the circles on the scallops.  Keep in mind that it takes two complete sets to make one topper.  So my 24 sets will make 12 toppers.
4) To complete the toppers, I use lollipop sticks and a glue gun.  These can also be made with Popsicle sticks or toothpicks.  I don't claim to see the future, but I can imagine a whole lot of problems with using toothpicks...especially if these are for kids.
5) Use glue gun to place stick on the wrong side of one scallop, and repeat to make a sandwich with the other scallop.
6)  Allow to cool and stick the completed topper in the center of your cupcakes!
These were a hit with the Birthday Girl!
Are you wondering what kind of cupcakes I made?  Well, Rainbow of course!!
People got a real kick out of these!  And they are quite easy to make.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fab idea Lola :-) love the photos & those cupcakes look yummy!
Hugs
Tracey
Xx

Tracey said...

What a fab idea Lola :-) love the photos & those cupcakes look yummy!
Hugs
Tracey
Xx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Lola, these will look so adorable in her scrapbook... AND of course you would make rainbow cupcakes.. what a super mom you are...

ali naqvi said...

Its fantastic!!! ice cream and lollipop are impressive idea for inspiring...HOW can i make my own Plastic business cards

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin