Saturday, August 18, 2012

TP Roll Pillow Box

Hello and hope you're having a fab weekend.  This is the first weekend in a REALLY REALLY long time that we don't have something that MUST get done...so hopefully I'll get some "me" time.  Anyway, today I'd like to introduce this weeks challenge at Catch the Bug:
I picked: Sentiment (from Create with TLC), ribbon, and flower.  At first, I thought the flower DP would suffice, but at the last minute I rolled a little felt flower and slapped that in the corner - just to be on the safe side.
So I took this:
And made this little pillow box using Turtle - Fall from Bugaboo Stamps to hold a little gift.
I didn't take pictures along the way, but it's probably self explanitory:
1) flatten TP roll with bone folder
2) cover with pretty papers (I used tacky glue to adhere)
3) use cup as guide to SCORE a little "moon" shape on each end of the roll - both sides.  Well, that's clear as mud.  I'd be happy to elaborate if anyone is interested.
4) decorate, add gift, fold in ends (along score lines), and give away!

So join us if you can and visit Catch the Bug for more inspiration using this weeks Bingo!

I will be linking this up with Tatertots & Jello, Flamingo Toes, Skip to My Lou, and Inspire Me Fridays.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

This is such a great idea Lola ! Love the papers and your colouring is fantastic ! Love the little flower too ! Have a great week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well if you aren't the creative little thing... this is adorable. Glad you were able to "find" some me time... it's hard to find even here in ukiah.

Karen C said...

Oh wow! This is so cool! Love the TLC sentiment on there too! How creative using a TP roll to create such a pretty box! Yep! I am very impressed! I need to try this! :)
Hugs,
Karen C

Shannon White said...

So Sweet! Love the Sweet Turtle image! And to think it all started with a TP roll! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sandra DeFalco said...

Just saw this Lola, and how clever to use a toilet paper roll! I'll have to go and dig mine out of the waste basket. I read how you did it, and I'm pretty sure I follow you. But, did you trim your paper right to the end of the roll, knowing that it will fold in?
Sandi ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin